Sorry, this item is unavailable right now. Add your email and we'll notify you when the product comes back in stock.
Forgot your password? No problem.
Fill out the form and we'll send you an email to reset.
1. What’s your style mantra?
Dress like the best version of yourself
2. What’s your No1 style no-no?
Square-toed shoes are never right
3. What’s the secret to wearing a hat well?
Confidence, repetition and a wide brim
4. What’s the secret to grooming a fine beard?
Leave it to the professionals and no straight lines
5. Signature scent
Creed Royal Water
6. Signature watch
Cartier Tank with an old brown band
7. Signature drink
Campari on the rocks
8. Favorite New York restaurant
Lafayette for breakfast, Via Carota for lunch, Minetta Tavern for dinner
9. Favorite New York bar
The Ear Inn
10. Favorite city other than New York
11. What are your top three travel essentials?
International New York Times, grey flannels, suede shoes
12. Best piece of sartorial advice your father taught you.
Learn the rules before you break them.
13. What do you collect?
14. Worst sartorial mistake you ever made?
Wore jeans with a tuxedo jacket to prom. Admirable idea I couldn’t pull off
15. Most surprising item in your wardrobe?
A few headbands I wear onto the squash court.
Sets the tone for my Richie Tenenbaum-style meltdowns
16. If you could only save one thing in a fire, what would it be?
First edition of Great Gatsby
17. The book that changed your life?
Between Meals by A.J. Liebling
18. The movie you never get tired of watching
Twentieth Century. Every line John Barrymore says is hysterical. Every one
19. Your style icon?
Richard Merkin, the early years
Smart Casual: Mediocre
Casual Friday: Stop
Windsor knot: Overwrought
White shoes: Classic
Sweat pants: Vile
Beer or cocktail? Cocktail
Suitcase or holdall? Holdall
Velvet or tweed? Tweed
Cash or credit card? Cash
Shot on location at The Ear Inn, 326 Spring St, New York, NY 10013 http://www.earinn.com/#est-1817
David Coggins’ Men and Style – Essays, Interviews and Conversations is out now and available at Todd Snyder stores. Click here to buy a copy